Kissingpoint Cottage is an established Defence Force Community House located in Dundas.
The Cottage offers a variety of services to members of the ADF and their families. Kissingpoint Cottage receives an annual grant from the Family Support Funding Program of Defence Community Organisation. Kissingpoint Cottage is an incorporated association, with a Committee who are responsible for both the grant monies and employment and management of the Coordinator.
The position is permanent part time for 15-17 hours per week, and is offered on a 12 month contract. The position is paid according to the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 for Social and Community Service Employee Level 3. The rate of pay for the first year is currently $21.73 per hour.
The successful applicant will be entitled to four weeks annual leave per year, part of which will be required to be taken during a Christmas shutdown period of 2-3 weeks (excluding public holidays).
The successful applicant will need to be available for work 4-5 days per week, including Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, plus another day depending on the session program.
This position requires the worker to have:
· Administrative and office skills;
· Computer skills including a working knowledge or Word, Publisher, Excel, MYOB and the internet;
· The ability to work with Defence families in conjunction with the Defence Community Organisation;
· The ability to coordinate in-house functions;
· The ability to prepare funding applications and annual funding reports;
· Good oral and written communication skills, including liaison skills;
· Good interpersonal skills, including organisation skills and initiative;
· The ability to work with minimal direction;
· The ability to perform other duties as needed.
· Own car and driver’s licence;
· An understanding of the particular demands or Service life, including its mobile nature and an appreciation of how these demands can impact members and their families.
For further information about this position, contact Ady Kennedy (President KPC) on email@example.com or 0452 42 1910.
Closing date for applications is 8th June 2012